Hand Held GPS
When it comes to GPS units, sometimes smaller is better. Our top of the range handheld GPS systems allow you to be just as comfortable on foot at the side of a river as you are on your boat in the middle of the ocean. But how do you choose which device is best for you?
Remember, while touch screens may seem fancy, the old-fashioned button technology may be best for fishing when your hands are wrapped up in thick gloves. Weight is also an important factor, as the whole point of a handheld unit is owning something you can comfortably slip into your pocket and carry around with ease. Finally, always keep an eye out for advanced added features, as some handheld GPS kits come with stuff like electronic compasses, geocaching, texting, barometers, and more.
Some of the very best handheld GPS devices on the market right now include:
- Garmin eTrex 30X – Light, 25-hour battery, durable, can come with added map and storage features.
- Garmin Montana 680T – Large memory, comes with added map and storage options, touchscreen can be used with gloves.
- Garmin eTrex 10 – Light, 25-hour battery, cheap, and durable.
- Garmin GPSMAP 64st – Preloaded maps, wireless connectivity, a huge array of additional features.
- Garmin InReach SE+ - 100 hour battery, two-way messaging, and location sharing capabilities.