GPS Enabled EPIRB
The GME MT600G EPIRB is a GPS Enabled EPIRB which means greater accurancy and faster retrevial times for the search and rescues teams.
The key benefits of a GPS equipped EPIRB are:
Faster detection by the Geostationary Satellites, typically less than 10 minutes anywhere in Australia or New Zealand
Accuracy of the beacon’s position as it transmits the latitude and longitude coordinates as part of the emergency message. The search area is about a 100 meter radius
Faster response time from Search and Rescue authorities, which means you are found faster.
The GME MT600G 406 MHz digital EPIRB is the culmination of years of extensive R & D by GME engineers. The end result is a radical new design concept that is not only a significant improvement on existing beacon performance, but dramatically slashes the cost of 406 MHz EPIRB ownership.
Advantages of a 406 MHZ EPIRB over the older analogue EPIRBs include, world wide coverage, position location accuracy to within 5 kms and a more stable transmitted signal resulting in faster response time. Most importantly, the addition of a unique digitally coded message provides Search and Rescue authorities with vital information including the country of beacon registration and identification of the vessel in distress, thus greatly reducing the incidence of false alerts and unneccesary deployment of valuable rescue resources.
An auxiliary homing transmitter is included in the MT600G to enable suitably equipped Search and Rescue vessels to home in on the distress beacon
Key Benefits & Features:
The MT600G Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) featuring improved GPS functionality which will ensure faster location in an emergency situation.
MT600G features a 10 year battery life (from date of manufacture) and advanced self testing capability, giving users greater peace of mind. It boasts a 66 channel GPS receiver which reduces the search area to less than 100m radius, and a 121.5MHz homing signal to further aid in location and retrieval in an emergency.
Complete with quick release mounting bracket and automatically deployed antenna, the MT600G is certified by COSPAS SARSAT for worldwide usage.
- GPS Internal 66 channel high performance receiver with quadrifilar helix antenna
- Retention Lanyard Buoyant type approximately 5.5m long
- Reflector SOLAS retro-reflective tape
- Solid-State Strobe High reliability solid state design – exceeds IMO requirements
- Antenna Flexible, self straightening stainless steel design
- Bracket Quick release mechanism (manual)
- Dimensions: 108(W) x 89(D) x 261(H) mm
- Activation Manually by operator
- Bracket Type Manual Release
- Duration 48 hours minimum
- UHF 406.040 MHz, 5W ± 2dB, PSK (digital)
- Strobe 20 flashes per minute
- COSPAS – SARSAT Certified to C/S T.001 (Class 2) requirements
- VHF 121.5MHz, 25 mw Min PERP@25°
- Replacement Period 10 Years
- Weight 555g
Quick Reference Placard
- 1 X GME MT600G EPIRB
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Reference card
- Registration Forms
- Mounting Bracket
|Artist / Author||GME MT600G - GPS Version - EPIRB 406MHZ Emergency Safety Beacon Manual PLB|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
|Type||GME MT600G - GPS Version - EPIRB 406MHZ Emergency Safety Beacon Manual PLB|
|Format||GME MT600G - GPS Version - EPIRB 406MHZ Emergency Safety Beacon Manual PLB|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Mr Boats users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.